Wedding Feature: Alyssa & Thomas at Candlelight Farms Inn
The 2021 Wedding Season is in full swing! It feels so good to be back performing at weddings every weekend. There have been so many special moments and memories we can share, so this week we are so excited to highlight Alyssa & Thomas.
Their wedding this past May took place at Candlelight Farms Inn, located in New Milford, CT. It was home to a beautiful reception filled with laughter, music, and phenomenal food (courtesy of Carriage House Catering). We asked the happy couple a little bit more about their love story, their wedding experience, and some advice for those planning their big day. Here’s what they shared:
1. Tell us the story of how you two met.
Alyssa approached Tom at a party in college and introduced herself, we talked all night and went on our first date the next day… 10 years later we were married.
2. What made you decide that this was the right person to be with for the rest of your life?
Alyssa’s answer: We’re best friends.
Thomas’ answer: She puts up with me.
3. What do you enjoy most about each other’s company?
We are always laughing together and we’re great travel partners.
4. What made you choose Sound Society as your wedding band?
We heard them perform at a friend’s wedding and were so impressed that they had everyone dancing all night.
5. What was your favorite song you danced to at your wedding?
Our first dance of course! ‘If not for you’ by George Harrison and then all the songs Sound Society played to keep the party going.
6. How did you choose your first dance song?
We both loved it and felt a special connection to it.
7. Share one special memory from your wedding with us.
Before the guests arrived Tom and I were outside practicing our first dance for a couple of minutes by ourselves. It was really special to be alone before everyone arrived!
8. What changes (if any) did you have to make to your plans due to the pandemic? Do you have any advice or great solutions you found that you would like to share with other couples?
Tons! We changed venues completely with less than 8 months to go before the big day. We felt we were happier with the way every detail turned out compared to what we originally planned. The pandemic put a lot of things in perspective and scaling a few things back made it more intimate and fun.
Venue: Candlelight Farms Inn
Photography: Sam Coba Photography
Catering: Carriage Farms Catering
Florals: Jakkelyn Iris
Hair & Makeup: Upstyle Co
Dress: Wilderly Bride